| Water Assistance Program|
The City of Woodland now offers a Water Assistance Program to provide up to three months of $15 discounts on water bills to qualifying low-income residential households.
To qualify for the program the following criteria must be met:
- The program is offered to residents of residential property only
- The person/household applying must live at the address where the discount would be received.
- The person/household applying is the property owner or has an executed lease for the property (the lease must be provided)
- You must be enrolled in PG&E’s CARE or FERA Programs and provide proof of enrollment
- The water meter may only service one property.
- You must reapply annually
- Customers must notify the City of Woodland’s Finance Department if their household no longer qualifies for the discount.
Once an application has been received and approved for participation in the program, the participant will receive a $15 discount on the flat rate portion of their utility bill for up to three consecutive months.
Source of Funding:
The program is funded with Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds. Therefore, the Water Assistance Program must be reauthorized annually by City Council and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to continue the annual assistance.