The Woodland Public Library offers free access to the Internet. All public computers are equipped with web browsers as well as Microsoft Office software (MS Word, Powerpoint, Publisher, Excel, Access).The computers are offered on a first-come, first-served basis. The public computer terminals are not filtered.
· A library card is required to reserve a computer. Library E-cards are available for computer use only. Guest passes are available under certain circumstances.
· Patrons are given 60 minutes per day to use the computers which can be extended another 30 minutes if no one else is waiting for a total of 90 minutes. Computer sessions are one hour. If there are no computers available after one hour, the remaining 30 minutes may not be available for use. Select machines are for 15 minute use. Patrons may use any computer when available in several sessions up to 90 minutes per day.
· All computers turn off five minutes prior to close.
· Printing is available for 15 cents per page.
· You may use USB flash drives on all computers. CD and floppy disk drives are not available.
· All computers offer access to the library catalog as well as databases to find articles and other information.
The Woodland Public Library provides free wireless access to the Internet inside the library.
There is no password necessary to use WiFi nor is a library card required. Use of WiFi requires a wireless device that supports the WiFi standard protocol.
There is no staff available to assist with setting up wireless Internet on your computer. Printers are not available via the wireless connection. If you need to print, save to a USB flash drive and use the public computer workstations to print.