Do you have some of these items in your home or business that you need to get rid of?
- Computers, monitors, laptops, keyboards
- Printers, copiers, fax machines
- Cordless phones, cell phones
- Digital cameras, video cameras
- TVs, VCRs, DVD players
- Stereos, MP3 players
Wondering what to do with these things? Electronic waste is illegal to throw in the garbage and should be recycled at e-waste collection centers. Please do not put e-waste in your curbside recycle cart. Listed below are some places that accept e-waste. Please call ahead for hours and items accepted.
- Yolo County Central Landfill – 44090 County Road 28H, (530) 666-8729
- Best Buy – 2165 Bronze Star Dr, (530) 669-5039
- Green Zone – 225 Industrial Way, (530) 661-6800
- The Wave – Call for e-waste event info, (530) 669-1550
Yolo County residents can now recycle their “Techno Trash” at the Yolo County Central Landfill for free. Techno trash is DVDs, CDs, VHS tapes, cassette tapes, diskettes and similar media. Please do not put techno trash in curbside recycle bin.
Click on the links below for more information on electronic waste or to find other e-waste collection centers near you.
Conservation Coordinator: (530) 661-2059