Chapter 25 ZONING ORDINANCE.
Article 13. Commercial Land Use Table.
Sec. 25-13-30. Temporary outdoor uses.
(a) Permitted outdoor uses--up to thirty days.
(1) Christmas tree,
fireworks, and other annual sales activities;
(3) Other promotional events such as carnivals and nonprofit
(b) Permitted outdoor uses--up to ten
(1) Short-term sales such as sidewalk or parking lot sales carried on
by and adjacent to an existing commercial business which is conducted within a
(2) Parade related sales activities.
standards--apply to all temporary outdoor uses.
(1) A business or other
appropriate city license approved by the zoning administrator is required for
(2) Written permission of the owner or operator of the property is
(3) Site plan approval may be required;
(4) All wares and
goods are to be displayed in a neat and orderly fashion;
(5) Sales areas are
not to interfere with driveways, corner sight requirements or sidewalk
(6) Use of parking spaces for sales displays requires approval of
the traffic engineer;
(7) All uses are to be fully cleaned up and removed by
close of business on the last day approved license is valid;
consecutive licenses are to be issued for the same location.
performance standards apply to subsection b of this section only.
Permit is Required. Temporary signs may not exceed four square feet in area. One
sign permitted per site.
(2) Hours of operation limited to 8:00 A.M. to 9:00
(3) Zoning administrator is authorized to permit uses for any duration
between one day and ten days. (Amended during the March 2009