Chapter 25 ZONING ORDINANCE.
Article 24. Signs.
Sec. 25-24-10. Purpose.
The purpose of this article is to set standards pertaining to signs in the
city of Woodland. It is understood that while the ordinance applies to the
entire city, specific plans and design guidelines may set additional standards.
It is intended by the provisions of this article to accomplish the
(1) Protect and enhance the physical appearance of the
(2) Accomplish the regulation of signage in the simplest and most
direct manner possible;
(3) Encourage creative and innovative approaches to
signage within an established framework;
(4) Encourage signs that represent
the best skills of the designer, architect, builder and
(5) Protect the public, as well as both private and public
(6) Promote effective visual communication.
(Amended during the
March 2009 supplement.)