| American Recovery and Reinvestment Act|
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) was signed into law on Feb. 17, 2009. The purpose of the ARRA is described below:
- To preserve and create jobs and promote economic recovery
- To assist those most impacted by the recession
- To increase economic efficiency by spurring technological advances in science and health
- To invest in transportation, environmental protection, and infrastructure
- To stabilize State and local government budgets, in order to minimize and avoid reductions in essential services
The full text of the Recovery Act can be accessed on the Recovery.gov web site or find out how the State of California is using the funds.