Citywide Scavenger Hunt
The Hunt event starts on Monday, May 25th and ends on Friday, May 29th. To participate, simply use the clues available each day to find the pieces of the puzzle to solve throughout Woodland. Complete the scavenger hunt by submitting all photos and solving the puzzle will admit participants into a drawing for prizes. All are invited to participate in the Scavenger Hunt.
Scavenger Hunt details and rules:
- There are two scavenger hunts located within Woodland city limits
- 95776 Hunt (clue locations are all to the east of East Street)
- 95695 Hunt (clue locations are all to the west of East Street)
- Each hunt will have different clues to different destinations. The hunts are separate and DO NOT rely upon one another to solve the puzzle. You only have to complete one of the hunts to solve the puzzle.
- Each day during the week of May 25-29 clues will be posted to the website cityofwoodland.org/scavengerhunt, and on our Woodland Community Services “Parks and Rec.” Facebook page.
- Using the clues provided, participants travel to designated locations and “collect” each day’s piece to the puzzle using their phone/camera. Please take a photo of the puzzle piece you found.
- Puzzle pieces will be defined at a location with a COW (City of Woodland) close by.
- Collect, submit, and title your submission with the puzzle’s answer. After the last clues are provided on Friday, May 29th submit your puzzle answer through Facebook Messenger to WoodlandRec or email WoodlandCSD@cityofwoodland.org.
- Submission of your puzzle answer enters you into a drawing for prizes.
For questions about how to participate in the Scavenger Hunt, email WoodlandCSD@cityofwoodland.org
Find TREXPO and Get an Activity Bag
Community Services has partnered with Woodland Joint Unified School District to bring recreation to the public during the week. Free activity bags are being distributed to families during the WJUSD meal pick-up. If you’re missing recreation in your lives, come and visit staff and take a picture with TREXPO.
Families not picking up a lunch are welcome to pick up an activity bag too!
- Mondays @ Tafoya Elementary, 11 am – 1 pm
- Wednesdays @ Prairie Elementary, 11 am – 1 pm
- Wednesdays @ Woodland Community & Senior Center, 4 pm - 5 pm
- Thursdays @ Woodland High School, 11 am – 1 pm
- Fridays @ Gibson Elementary 11 am – 1 pm
Chalk of the Town
Now that the Community Services Department has us thinking about chalk art.......
Have you seen any chalk art in town lately? City Staff have, and we want to recognize you! From now until Friday, April 24, snap a picture of your beautiful, uplifting, or inspiring chalk art and post on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #chalkWoodland. Everyone who participates will be entered to win a gift card to local a local business, sponsored by the Friends of the Woodland Public Library. Raffle drawing will take place at 3pm on Friday, April 24. Hope to "see" you all at #chalkWoodland!
¿Has visto arte con gis en el pueblo? El personal de la ciudad sí, y te queremos dar un reconocimiento. Desde hoy y hasta el 24 de abril tómale una foto a tu arte con gis que demuestre belleza, inspiración, y ánimo, súbela al Facebook o Instagram con el #chalkWoodland. Todos los que participen entraran en una rifa para ganar tarjetas de regalo de negocios locales, patrocinado por el grupo “Amigos de la Biblioteca de Woodland.” La rifa se llevará a cabo el viernes 24 de abril a las 3 pm. ¡Esperamos “verlos” a todos en #chalkWoodland!
Hoping to see more of your neighbors at 7pm each night?? We are too!
Print out these flyers and leave on your neighbors’ doorstep (remember to practice social distancing!) to invite them to join you in "Saying Hi" each night. Click here to download the flyer to hand out to your neighbors (no person-to-person contact, of course!).
Woodland Public Library
The Woodland Public Library has many great programs and activities to keep boredom at bay during the shelter in place order. Click here to access all of the fabulous things the Library has to offer.