- Community Development
- Woodland Research & Technology Park
- Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Woodland Research & Technology Park
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The following list of FAQs was derived from two community Zoom presentations on the proposed Woodland Research & Technology Park (WRTP) Specific Plan held in February 2021.
Questions not addressed below, comments or feedback on the proposed Specific Plan are welcome at any time now and throughout the entitlement process. Please contact Erika Bumgardner, Business Development Liaison, at 530-661-5886 or email ResearchPark@cityofwoodland.org
Please also visit the project website for up to date project information: https://www.cityofwoodland.org/ResearchPark
Estamos a su disposición para responder a sus comentarios y a sus preguntas en inglés y en español.
Envíe sus correos electrónicos aquí: email@example.com
Para asistencia por teléfono: En español: comunicase con Stephanie Burgos, Business Engagement & Marketing al 530.661.5920. En inglés: comunicase con Erika Bumgardner, Principal Planner/Business Development Liaison, al 530.661.5886
Para ser agregado a la lista de correo electrónico del proyecto, envíe un correo electrónico en inglés o en español a ResearchPark@cityofwoodland.org. A través del listserv y otros medios, la Ciudad proporcionará información sobre todas las fechas críticas de las reuniones y la disponibilidad de documentos durante los próximos meses.
- What are the required project approvals/entitlements, timeline, and process going forward? When can I provide comments?
- When will the Draft Environmental Impact Report and technical studies be released? When can I comment on this document?
- When will the Technology Park start construction? What is the anticipated timeline for plan area build out?
- What are the prospective anchor tenants in the Technology Park? Is there still a need for this type of facility given the “new normal” of working remotely?
- Will local independent businesses be given priority in locating in the Technology Park? Will the city allocate funds for startup businesses in the plan area?
- Is the City working with Woodland Community College to focus on long-term workforce development initiatives that will support efforts to train Woodland residents to be competitive for jobs that will
- Will UC Davis be a development partner, like with Aggie Square in Sacramento?
- How will the Village Center be developed?
- What businesses and uses are permitted in the Specific Plan area? Will there be a market or medical clinics, such as an urgent care clinic?
- When will design of the 11-acre linear park take place? Will there be an opportunity for community input?
- How wide will the greenbelt be?
- On the circulation map (Chapter 4, Exhibit 4-2), there is an arrow indicating a future Woodland-Davis bikeway. What is that and when is it planned?
- How is it ensured that the Tech Park builds out the way it is envisioned today?
- How much will it cost to build out the project? How is it being funded?
- Will the housing component have Mello-Roos?
- How will the Technology Park project impact property taxes in Spring Lake? Will residents in the Technology Park plan area pay the same special tax to the City of Woodland as that paid by residents
- Has there been any analysis on the potential effect on home/property values in Spring Lake?
- Will Spring Lake parks be completed before the Technology Park begins construction?
- Will commercial development in the Technology Park keep pace with residential development? How will this be guaranteed?
- Will the Specific Plan accommodate a new public elementary school? Where would a school be located and how would it be paid for? How will infrastructure be provided?
- How does the Specific Plan address greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and sustainability? Specifically what features will the plan area incorporate to meet the City’s Climate Action Plan goals and GHG
- How will the existing agricultural uses be impacted by the project and what is the required mitigation to offset those impacts?
- Is the processing of marijuana allowed in the Specific Plan area? Are their requirements for odor control?
- Is the applicant team working with the Woodland Tree Foundation for plan area tree planting and placement?
- Are apartments or “high density” housing included in the Plan Area and where will it be located?
- What is the plan to make sure that diversity is maintained and to ensure neighborhoods are not designed only for elites and wealthy?
- How is affordable housing addressed?
- How is the Specific Plan addressing police and fire safety? Will police and fire response times be adequate in the Tech Park?
- Will there be a new cell tower given the increased population in this location?
- Will the project include Public Art?
- How is parking addressed throughout the Specific Plan area, in the commercial/Technology Park and residential areas? How and where will visitor/public parking be accommodated? Will there be elect
- Have traffic impacts to Spring Lake been analyzed? How will traffic impacts be addressed?
- When will CR 25A be completed? Is a traffic signal planned at Hwy 113 and CR 25A interchange?
- Will there be transit options in the Specific Plan, specifically connecting the plan area to UC Davis/City of Davis Amtrak?
- In the proposed Specific Plan, the South Regional Pond footprint is roughly split 50% within the Specific Plan and 50% outside the Urban Limit Line south of CR 25A. Why is the Tech Park detention