Housing Element Update 2021
6th Cycle Planning Period – 2021 - 2029
The Housing Element is one of the seven mandated elements of the City of Woodland General Plan. It sets forth the City's strategy to preserve and enhance the community's residential character, expand housing opportunities for all economic segments, and provide guidance and direction for local government decision-making in all matters related to housing.
The City of Woodland, along with all other California cities and counties, is required to adequately plan to meet the housing needs of everyone in our community. The Sacramento region is currently in the process of transitioning from the 5th Cycle planning period, to the 6th cycle planning period, which will cover an eight-year span from 2021-2029. The City is currently updating the Housing Element for this next eight-year span. (The City of Woodland is part of the Sacramento Area Council of Governments - SACOG)
The foundation of the Housing Element is the Adopted RHNA Methodology, in which the State estimates each region's housing needs for all income groups for the upcoming eight years. The City of Woodland’s RHNA target for the 2021-2029 planning period is 3,087 new residential units.
More information on required content for Housing Elements can be found in the Building Blocks guide published from the California Department of Housing and Community Development.
The Housing Element Update:
- Will cover the 2021-2029 planning period
- Provides an assessment of current and future housing needs, and the resources and constraints related to those needs.
- Provides a comprehensive strategy that establishes the basis for housing goals, policies, and programs.
- Draft will be made available at City Hall, and will posted on the City's website and in other public locations once complete.
The draft Housing Element will be available for review and comment from June 29, 2021 and may be accessed at the following locations:
- City Hall Community Development Department, 300 First Street, Woodland, CA 95695
- Woodland Library, 250 First Street, Woodland, CA 95695
To view the current state of the project, please refer to the Public Participation page.
Questions or Comments?
Email us at: HousingElement2021@Cityofwoodland.org