What is the Woodland Youth Police Advisory Council?
The council is a diverse group of young adults from the Woodland community. YPAC is designed to provide youth with an engaging environment to interact with the Woodland Police Department. The primary functions of the YPAC are to allow the youth voice to be heard and to promote trust and understanding between local law enforcement and youth. The council represents:
- Diverse ideas
- Youth from different cultural backgrounds
- Students from public and private schools
- Young adults who want to make a difference on behalf of their peers and future generations in our community.
Teens are asked to:
- Explore issues
- Get the facts
- Discuss solutions
- Make a difference
The Woodland Youth Police Advisory Council will meet eight times a year during the school term. The members of YPAC will meet for engaging meetings to include field trips and special projects. The meetings and special projects are designed to accomplish the following:
- Promote serious dialogue with youth
- Advise the Chief of Police about current issues of importance concerning youth
- Communicate mutual concerns of the police department and youth
- Unify our youth into a positive force for good of the community
- Bring awareness to peers on crime related issues
2022 Meeting Months
- March 2022
- April 2022
- May 2022
- August 2022
- September 2022
- October 2022
- November 2022
There will not be meetings in June, July or December for 2022. Meeting dates will be posted at a later date. Meeting locations will be communicated directly to the YPAC members prior to each meeting.
Who should consider becoming a part of the Woodland Youth Police Advisory Council?
- Students in the 9th - 12th grades
- Live or attend a public or private school located in Woodland or in the Woodland Joint Unified School District.
- Youth wanting to make a difference in the Woodland community
How to join?
To join the YPAC, you must submit an application via the link below. Applications will be reviewed by the Chief of Police and his staff for acceptance. The goal is to have a diverse group and perspective. Applications are currently being accepted until April 1, 2022.